Everybody in the world knows what is going on with the government shutdown in the United States right now. In order to distract from the anger and frustration of politicians getting paid to not work while they screw over the economy, I decided to do something fun with the whole scenario. As always, Twitter is always there to make fun of any situation, and this time it comes in the form of #govtshutdownpickuplines. Here are my five favorite ones that I have seen so far.
5. Where have you been sequestered all my life? #govtshutdownpickuplines
4. Ted Cruz isn’t the only one who can go for 21 hours. #GovtShutdownPickupLines
3. Did it hurt? When you fell off the fiscal cliff? #govtshutdownpickuplines
2. Good thing you’re not in the Library of Congress, because I’m totally checking you out #govtshutdownpickuplines
1. Do you not carry health insurance? Because you’ve got “fine” written all over you #govtshutdownpickuplines