Not too long ago I wrote a post stating my philosophy about how I believe people should have to work hard to earn their rewards, not have it given to them at the expense of others. Well, today I came across five simple statements that pretty much sum up my philosophy, and do so in a professional way that I hope will not offend anyone.
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them; and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
Obviously, these are conservative statements. I would like to know how any liberals out there would defend themselves against these truths.